Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Pan setting for each Oscillator

Ry_n_IRy_n_I Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 14

Recently I've been experimenting with stereo synths. Currently I can create them using stereo single cycle waveform samples. Got me thinking that we could create interesting synths if we were just able to pan each oscillator separately.
I suppose most of the time you want them set in the middle but if you were going for something different, really cool sounds could be created! I'm imagining something like a single synth that is all square wave in the left channel and all saw in the right. If this is possible and not problematic for the Deluge I think it would have much creative potential!

Comments

dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31

+1000 for oscillator pan. Really useful for creating interesting kit sounds. Can't believe this only had 4 votes! ☹️

StenumStenum DenmarkBeta Tester Posts: 1
    edited July 2019

+1000 here as well. Stereo spread for multiple voices is also something I really miss in order to create phat sounds!

Post edited by Stenum on
    dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31

FYI this feature request is a duplicate of this one: https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/246/panning-oscillators#latest

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

could totally see the shortcut pads set up like this: you hit the current PAN shortcut, it shows up as a modulation of MASTER LEVEL. to set up osc1 PAN, you would go to OSC1 LEVEL then SHIFT+PAN. PAN will blink fast and you can adjust L32-R32, meanwhile OSC1 LEVEL is blinking slower since it's currently being modulated by PAN.