Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Option to only show scale-relevant notes in keyboard view (like Ableton Push)

It is really easy to play chords / melodies on the Ableton Push. For one it has way bigger pads but also it has an option to only display notes which are relevant in the selected scale:

This means for example you can always hit a triad with the same finger pattern:

On the deluge the non-relevant notes just get greyed out which has it's upsides sometimes but makes playing way harder.

I would really welcome an option to hide all the non-relevant notes

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

fold/collapse was also discussed herehttp://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/8976#Comment_8976
    fold/collapse is imho the way to go for flexible custom scales, the current scale system is too limited for my taste.
    already on the first page of http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussions/top/ever, Synthstrom does treat the top rated threads with higher priority so please enrich and upvote existing top rated threads if possible.

OllieOllie SeattlePosts: 14

It would be great to have a mode in keyboard view to switch from chromatic to just in scale notes, as Elias is showing on the Push 2. It makes playing chords much easier and more intuitive. I’m not 100% sure if the solution is to have custom scales, as Amiga909 has suggested. Maybe that is the best way. But I would suggest that this feature be a simple on/off toggle, in scale or in chromatic, just as it is on the Push. Thanks.

eliaselias Posts: 9

@Ollie said:
    It would be great to have a mode in keyboard view to switch from chromatic to just in scale notes, as Elias is showing on the Push 2. It makes playing chords much easier and more intuitive. I’m not 100% sure if the solution is to have custom scales, as Amiga909 has suggested. Maybe that is the best way. But I would suggest that this feature be a simple on/off toggle, in scale or in chromatic, just as it is on the Push. Thanks.

Exactly, it would be best to have just a single on/off switch. As multiple scales are already implemented in the “Scale” option the pads should just represent whatever scale is selected.