Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

More options for FM Engine

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

So I just spent a lot of time exploring the Deluge's FM engine, and while it's more powerful than I initially thought, but could be improved with a few changes.

1. Finish the routing options

FM1 should be routable to: Osc1, Osc2, Both, Out
FM2 should be routable to: Osc1, Osc2, Both, FM1

This would allow for more standard algorithms such has having Osc1+FM1, Osc2+FM2 which is a really important configuration.

1. Implement ratios as an alternative to tuning. We shouldn't have to break out a calculator to figure that out.

2. More Envelopes! it's really frustrating to try to modulate 4 operators when you only have 2 envelopes available. Would love to have a selector to turn Env1 into Env3 and Env2 into Env4

3. Alternative to Sine waves. All 4 operators should have options to pick Saw/Square/Whatever as the Oscillator waveform.

4. Enable the Substractive filter at the end of the chain.

Comments

MonVieuxMilouMonVieuxMilou FrancePosts: 10

+1

Some of these suggestions are probably harder to implement than others (having 4 envelope seems ambitious).

Considering how much love the Digitone is getting all over the internet, I'd love to have some of its features inside the Deluge. Your points #1 and 5 would already be really cool

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Great suggestions @o0_