Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Moving around faster (in/out of menu's/modes/views)

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

This is just something that bugs me a little, not a big deal. I think it is a small and easy to implement change though, with a significant improvement in workflow speed.

When you enter a menu or edit a sound parameter, you have to press Back (or even multiple times) to get out of the menu, before you are able to move to another screen.

It would be such a breeze if you are able to move out of a menu/parameter by just pressing the mode/page you want to go.

For example:
While editing the Env amount of Cutoff Freq and you want to go to another track, instead of pressing Back-Back-Back-Song and select the track you want, you can just press (while in the menu) Song to directly move to the Song view, so you can select another track.

Also, pressing Track while editing sound parameters, should just go back to the Track view (so exit the menu system).

Another example: pressing Keyboard view while in a menu, should always directly go to the Keyboard view, even when you currently are in a menu.

I think for most people it would be obvious to just escape a menu by pressing another view/mode to move to there instead of having to manually escape the menu by pressing back multiple times.

It would be great if this will be changed in a future update :)

Post edited by MPrinsen on

Comments

+1

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

I was thinking it would be nice to just hold down back for a few seconds to jump back to the first menu, rather than having to press back a bunch of times.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Just pressing any pad on the grid will take you in one step out of the sound editor, pressing back just takes you one step in the menu back at a time.

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

I posted this exact request a while back as I was unaware of what Ian says above as well. At the time the fact that pressing a pad on the grid takes you out of the editors wasn't in the manual - I don't know if it's been added but if it hasn't been it should be :)

I kept rapidly pressing 'back' and undoing my work by mistake! Now I know the above tip this is never an issue.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157
    edited April 2019

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    Just pressing any pad on the grid will take you in one step out of the sound editor, pressing back just takes you one step in the menu back at a time.

I was unaware of the ability to exit the sound editor by pressing any pad. That does make it a lot easier indeed.

But still, it would be nice to “fly” from sound editor to song, track or keyboard view in just one press on the corresponding button :) would make sense to me at least.

Post edited by MPrinsen on
    Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

We are overhauling the manual for 3.0, we'll highlight where this is mentioned, and perhaps include in the "shortcuts" as well - yes, this little tidbit, plus that you don't need to hold down shift, but can just hold down an audition pad and press a sound editor shortcut are two incredibly handy workflow tips that aren't currently visible enough.

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    you don't need to hold down shift, but can just hold down an audition pad and press a sound editor shortcut are two incredibly handy workflow tips that aren't currently visible enough.

Ha! I never knew that either!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Yes I found that shortcut by accident early on, it is super handy, still I like the suggestion made by the OP, it could speed up workflow and reduce the chance of accidentally undoing, maybe an option in settings?