Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Basics

jonesy101jonesy101 lodonPosts: 16

Its a pretty cool machine but needs some basics to make it almost complete (as it stands). I suggest the following -

Record on first note pressed
Copy/paste sounds in a kit (ie make a duplicate of a sound which can then be layered with 2nd osc/sound)
The ability to delete a sample/recording from SD card
Bounce/render tracks for export

Post edited by jonesy101 on

Comments

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Yes indeed, I think really my only “complaints” about the Deluge are some operational things which are missing which would enhance workflow, and a few tweaks to what is already implemented, personally I don’t need more synthesis types or bells and whistles (although I won’t complain either!) but maybe I’m in the minority here.

Ian posted that they take note of these things though, so hopefully in time these will be dealt with.

iFreilichtiFreilicht GermanyPosts: 39

Record on first note pressed

Yes indeed, I don't feel like starting recording and playback at the same time is useful at all.

Copy/paste sounds in a kit (ie make a duplicate of a sound which can then be layered with 2nd osc/sound)

Yes, could work the same way it does with tracks in a song. I was somewhat surprised when I tried that and it didn't work.

The ability to delete a sample/recording from SD card

I'm partial about that. On one hand, it would be nice to be able to manage samples on the deluge directly. On the other, deleting samples by accident can happen quickly and can kill an entire song without you noticing. Maybe this will come with 3.0. With the keyboard it feels like data management will become way deeper.

Bounce/render tracks for export

You can already do that using the resampling feature. It will save the output of the deluge as a new sample.

jonesy101jonesy101 lodonPosts: 16

Nice. I never thought of resampling a track and exporting it that way - nice! Will try this tonight.

The new looper mode may take away some of the headache from not activating on the first note as theres no reason to stop/start so much