A nice human being called Neil Baldwin has created a sample slicer/ transient detecting KIT generator tool for the Deluge!
It can be found in the Deluge Users closed group on Facebook
~ Distinguished Delugate (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Yes, I made a Python script that can take a single sample as input and generate a Deluge kit based on transient (and other types of) detection using the Aubio Python library.
I don't really know where to put the files so I'm adding them to this post.
A couple of caveats: you need to be fairly familiar/comfortable with running applications/scripts from the command line. So far I've managed to get it working on OSX and Windows XP & 10. I can code but I'm far from a Python developer (especially in terms of platform support). With this in mind I'll try to help you get it running for you but bear in mind that my support ability is limited by my own knowledge.
Second, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I've been using it for a couple of weeks now with no issue but PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DELUGE SD CARD JUST IN CASE. The script doesn't really alter anything on your SD card apart from writing a Kit file but also there is no real error checking and it will overwrite any existing Kits with the same output name. You have been warned!
So the current version can detect a variety of transients and also pitch changes thanks to the very cool Aubio library (more info in the ZIP file) and I also added a method to just numerically 'slice' a sample into an equal number of slices. The script doesn't actually alter any of your samples, just creates a kit with multiple entries where the Start and End points of each row is determined by the transient detection. You can also decide what 'flavour' of sample it outputs: CUT, ONCE, LOOP or STRETCH. I may expand the Deluge output options in the near future.
Give it a try and let me know how you get on. Please read the README.TXT instruction file.
That's weird, I added the file and it's disappeared!
New version V0.10
@neilbaldwin -- Just found my way to this --thanks for your work here!
Fyi, the transient detection seems to work as designed, but the script seems to fill in the param with just 'f' (or leave it blank)... so you have to go in and manually edit the generated kit XMLs to add the filename for each slice.
...if you're crafty:
sed -i "" 's/f<\/fileName>/THE_CORRECT_PATH_AND_FILENAME/g' KITXXX.XML
...will search and replace the appropriate field in the XML