Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Slice after setting start and end points?

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

I tried the slicer for the first time yesterday, and it didn't work for me. What I wanted to slice was KIND OF a one-bar loop, but with some extra time at the beginning and end. I couldn't find a way to exclude that extra crap from the slicing, resulting in unusable slices.

Is there a way to slice a sample with start and end points set?

Best Answer

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    Answer ✓

sadly no. you can only slice in a new, initialized kit (same for load ALL). at the point you have loaded a sample there is no slicing option anymore. you can alter start/end point of individual slices later though.
    for your use case i'd simply load the kind-of-one-bar sample, change the start/end points to get rid of the extra crap, resample that and load the resampled sample in a new kit using the slicer.
    i'd opt for a software request to apply ALL and SLICE in existing kits, so I don't have to create a new kit and I could combine multiple sliced samples in one kit (e.g. have 3 amen loops, slice them, and have all slices in the same kit).

dont know if this helps and if the request idea would improve to your workflow too.