Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

CC Input Scaling

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

It would be very useful to be able to scale incoming midi cc. I am used to Live's implementation where a minimum and maximum value are selected, then the incoming 0 to 127 messages adjust the parameter withing the min and max value.

Setting min higher than max would allow you to invert control (morph filter and cross fading anybody?)

As for workflow, perhaps when you learn a control, the max and min parameters could be shown on the display with the data entry knob used to set and switch between them. Readjustment could be done by repeating the normal learn procedure.

Coupled with some finer control over the deluges parameters (sample speed please!), this feature could be used to map the full range of motion of a controller on to the sweet spot of a particular control.

Please consider and thanks for your hard work, the deluge is a great instrument.

Comments

Ke10gKe10g BerlinBeta Tester Posts: 26

+1 for this. It would great if this also allowed the user to invert the cc values. I'm using a controller that has a crossfader (ie: horizontal fader). I would like to be able to map this CC "normally" to one sound, and inverted to another sound, allowing me to crossfade between them. Right now I can't figure out how to do this without routing to a computer.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

@Ke10g said:
    +1 for this. It would great if this also allowed the user to invert the cc values. I'm using a controller that has a crossfader (ie: horizontal fader). I would like to be able to map this CC "normally" to one sound, and inverted to another sound, allowing me to crossfade between them. Right now I can't figure out how to do this without routing to a computer.

Yeah the idea is that you could set the max=0 and the min=127 to invert, or any max<min situation.

Seems to me as though it would be best if the min and max values were able to inherit the type of the particular parameter you are learning. Like if you learn transpose you set min/max as a decimal vs filter freq in integer (kHz in the future??)

This would be another great application for a generalized curve editor on the pads mentioned in some other posts! If we had this we could have real deal crossfading and morph filtering.

ChrisfreeqChrisfreeq NorwayPosts: 25

Yes please! This would be crucial to optimal live playability :-)

BrettBrett Posts: 39

@Ke10g said:

One thing I've been doing is using MaxForLive to manage midi and setups for a few different external gear. If you wish to use Live to help with this - this could be a solution for you.

And yes - I would like this as well but I wanted to offer a possible suggestion in the shirt term.

Thanks,
    Brett