Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

all songs deleted

hi there. it is me "bad news bubu" again :/

i just recorded a little piece. just a bassline. I think i might have used a sample based sound that i saved as synth preset (but not 100% sure ´bout that) then saved the song/pattern and it gave me a weird error message. then i found out that all my previous files (about 40 songs) were deleted. I now have 2 folders called "songs" on my card and one file in there called SONG000 in each folder.

i also used the COPY hack to get the same notes but different sounds as mentioned here:

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/761#Comment_761

all my samples are still on there but my song files are gone. :C i mean there are no super hits on there but stuff i might have used later on.

any idea what i screwed up this time?

Comments

IchMachBubuIchMachBubu ViennaPosts: 33

Okay- here is something straight out of the twilight zone. my songs are all back, after installing the alpha. i have no clue wth was happening but i am surely very very happy about it.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Yeeeeaahh!! Good to hear Bubu :D You have been given a second chance hahah, remember to always back up your shit now!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

IchMachBubuIchMachBubu ViennaPosts: 33

thank you. yep i will. given my chaotic way of all things in life thats probably not a bad idea.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Grand lessons in the little signs along the way ;)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

@IchMachBubu Sorry to hear this happened to you! Thanks for alerting us about it and glad to hear you got your songs back!