Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Support re-applying a modification to a note to additional notes

TenebrousTenebrous EnglandPosts: 49

This would be an extension of the undo/redo feature.

For example, if I transpose a note (hold note, scroll up/down to move it), I might want to do the same to another 5 notes.

So perhaps I could then hold the next note and press back, and it'd apply the same change to that note, and so on.

As an aside, this would also solve the issue whereby if you're transposing a whole set of notes, the next ones can scroll off the screen, so you have to scroll back to get them.

Post edited by Tenebrous on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Tenebrous said:
    For example, if I transpose a note (hold note, scroll up/down to move it), I might want to do the same to another 5 notes.

not sure if u know, you can transpose a group of notes already.
    the same way as you can edit the velocity of multiple steps. holding down 5 notes or more can require serious finger acrobatics though.

@Tenebrous said:
    So perhaps I could then hold the next note and press back, and it'd apply the same change to that note, and so on.

As an aside, this would also solve the issue whereby if you're transposing a whole set of notes, the next ones can scroll off the screen, so you have to scroll back to get them.

Yeah screen limit can be an issue, true. In for improvement. I like the idea.
    “multi step edit’, “lasso select” or “gang edit”

• hold activated note pad + hold back
    • back starts to blink
    • while back is blinking a pressed note pad begins to blink, it is selected
    • all param changes made affect all selected notes
    • press back to stop blinking and end “multi step edit”
    • for better ux: select regions or from/to by holding a pad and pressing another pad (all notes in between get also selected)
    TenebrousTenebrous EnglandPosts: 49

I didn't know about the hold-multiple-notes thing, thanks for that!