Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Pad reliability and durability

johntopleyjohntopley UKPosts: 26
edited January 2019 in Deluge Help

Are there any specs on how many presses the pads are rated for? I’m very interested in buying a Deluge, but have got burned previously by synths where some of the buttons stopped working after about a year of heavy use. I would welcome any reassurance about the quality of the components that go into the Deluge.

Post edited by johntopley on

Best Answer

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placePosts: 222
    Answer ✓

The pads should last a very long time since they are not mechanical switches but conductive silicone membrane directly to the PCB. In my experience this type of switch is pretty maintenance free, and if eventually they do start to get unreliable it is a pretty simple fix, often just requiring removal of the silicone pads and cleaning the PCB.

Answers

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

dont know if specified somewhere.
    did not have any problems with buttons that dont respond well, build quality is fine. about once a year i clean all my gear with WD40 contact cleaner.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

The components are top notch, nuff said :)

Super sensitive pads (and easy to change), hi-grade converters, best little mic that could be found etc.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

johntopleyjohntopley UKPosts: 26

That’s reassuring to hear, thanks everyone!