Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V2.1.0 released

2»

Comments

Doktor_GonzoDoktor_Gonzo DeutschlandPosts: 2

Question: I am not able to perform Multisampling for synths. in 9 of 10 cases the deluge crashes when selecting "Multi" in the instrument-folder. Does anybody have the same problem? For some reason it actually worked one single time for a wanted sample. Repetition for Verification created the problem again and again afterwards.

MoonWolfMoonWolf United KingdomPosts: 50

Awesome! Thank you :)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@Doktor_Gonzo If you can email rohan@synthstrom.com and explain your problem, potentially share with him the samples you are trying to load. Cheers!

zakdariuszzakdariusz PolandBeta Tester Posts: 8

hey not sure where to post bugs related to this release, so I'll post it here. Reverb size(small, medium, large) is changing for all track instead of being independent for each track.

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

@zakdariusz said:
    hey not sure where to post bugs related to this release, so I'll post it here. Reverb size(small, medium, large) is changing for all track instead of being independent for each track.

Reverb is a global effect. This is the way it's been designed . You can only change the effect amount per track . You cannot change any other reverb parameters on a local or track based level

zakdariuszzakdariusz PolandBeta Tester Posts: 8
    edited January 2019

@RandomAztec said:

@zakdariusz said:

Reverb is a global effect. This is the way it's been designed . You can only change the effect amount per track . You cannot change any other reverb parameters on a local or track based level

whooo, that's a bummer :( I took it for granted that it works per track(and in kit even for each sample separately). I love to put lots of reverbs and delays with different params and now you just broke my heart ;(

Post edited by zakdariusz on
    snanna110snanna110 LAPosts: 10

I reformatted my SD, then I installed the entire 2.0.1. package. I switched my Deluge on while holding shift and all's I got is a message that says CARD on the screen.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@snanna110 said:
    I reformatted my SD, then I installed the entire 2.0.1. package. I switched my Deluge on while holding shift and all's I got is a message that says CARD on the screen.

have you got the .bin file on there? Can you screenshot and share the top directory/root of your SD card?

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

is the SD card formatted in extFAT ?
    if yes try to format in FAT32 with this tool.

https://www.bltech.de/tipps/downloads/HPUSBFW_v2.2.3.exe

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

@dest4b said:
    is the SD card formatted in extFAT ?
    if yes try to format in FAT32 with this tool.

https://www.bltech.de/tipps/downloads/HPUSBFW_v2.2.3.exe

I'm a MAC User

I’m a MAC user. I just installed the new software update successfully. My Sandisk 32G is now formatted to FAT32. However when I try to access kit mode, or load in new samples, the screens just says “folder”. In other words it doesn’t seem to be able to acces the new 2.1.0 package contents (kits and samples and thigs).

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited January 2019

You've probably just messed up the file system.

In your root directory on your SD card, there should be 4 folders named KITS, SAMPLES, SYNTHS and SONGS, with the respective elements in them.

All samples have to be inside the main folder called SAMPLES to be loaded. And they have to remain in the exact filepatch location with the same filename that the kits and synth presets have them saved with.

Post edited by Icoustik on
    Ian_Jorgensen

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:
    You've probably just messed up the file system.

In your root directory on your SD card, there should be 4 folders named KITS, SAMPLES, SYNTHS and SONGS, with the respective elements in them.

All samples have to be inside the main folder called SAMPLES to be loaded. And they have to remain in the exact filepatch location with the same filename that the kits and synth presets have them saved with.

Your were right!!! I love this machine and I love this community. I hope theirs another event here in Southern California soon so we can all meet up. This Sample Dynamo needs way more hype!!!

MAC USERS!!! Make sure that you use Disk Utility to reformat your SDs (FAT32). Update your Deluge. Be sure to load you files in properly. When you open your SD their should only be three folders....

Ian_Jorgensen
    fluteheadflutehead Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 36
    edited January 2019

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to explore ... but:
    I must have messed up something when renaming existing synth presets and updating the song xml files - some of them won't load, with the Deluge being stuck saying "Corr" in the display. What am I supposed to fix?
    What I did was to rename existing synths (like SYNT096.XML -> SYNTH596.XML) and updating the number of the slot in any <instrumentPresetSlot> within the song files.

Post edited by flutehead on
    edited January 2019

Hmm, just noticed that all of the songs that won't load have the additional XML elements
    <firmwareVersion>2.0.1</firmwareVersion>
    <earliestCompatibleFirmware>2.0.0</earliestCompatibleFirmware>
    on top of the song XML files.
    Looks like the Deluge won't accept these after being upgraded to the 2.1.0 firmware?

Post edited by flutehead on
    Praemolar24Praemolar24 DeutschlandPosts: 21

But is the new multisampled instrument really a piano? it sounds more like contrabass...

Doktor_GonzoDoktor_Gonzo DeutschlandPosts: 2

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    @Doktor_Gonzo If you can email rohan@synthstrom.com and explain your problem, potentially share with him the samples you are trying to load. Cheers!

Actually found a solution: wait for 30 seconds before selecting "multi". Definitely not the smartest solution, but depending on the size/length of the samples, the deluge needs some time to load or whatsoever. Or i will try a faster sd-card.

@flutehead said:
    Thanks for the update! Looking forward to explore ... but:
    I must have messed up something when renaming existing synth presets and updating the song xml files - some of them won't load, with the Deluge being stuck saying "Corr" in the display. What am I supposed to fix?
    What I did was to rename existing synths (like SYNT096.XML -> SYNTH596.XML) and updating the number of the slot in any <instrumentPresetSlot> within the song files.

Found the issue: There is not only <instrumentPresetSlot> but also <presetSlot>. Both need to be updated and be kept in sync. Apparently <presetSlot> has been introduced with firmware 2.0.0 - that's why older songs were loaded ok.

dharmahumdharmahum United StatesPosts: 2

@snanna110 said:
    I’m a MAC user. I just installed the new software update successfully. My Sandisk 32G is now formatted to FAT32. However when I try to access kit mode, or load in new samples, the screens just says “folder”. In other words it doesn’t seem to be able to acces the new 2.1.0 package contents (kits and samples and thigs).

Im not a Mac User, Windows 8 but I'm getting the same message folder and you can't see any synths or kits.
    I've downloaded onto the supplied ADATA card the factory 2.01 dowload and then just the bin separately, I tried every download you have even the 2.01 extra sounds only and the 2.03 bin also and come up with the folder message. I could not use the format tool someone suggested however I have set the Windows supplied formatter to FAT 32 rather than extfat.
    What do you think it could be?

dharmahumdharmahum United StatesPosts: 2

@dharmahum said:

@snanna110 said:

Im not a Mac User, Windows 8 but I'm getting the same message folder and you can't see any synths or kits.
    I've downloaded onto the supplied ADATA card the factory 2.01 dowload and then just the bin separately, I tried every download you have even the 2.01 extra sounds only and the 2.03 bin also and come up with the folder message. I could not use the format tool someone suggested however I have set the Windows supplied formatter to FAT 32 rather than extfat.
    What do you think it could be?

Sorry I mean 2.1 and 2.03 respectively above

TMPTMP Denver, CO USAPosts: 4

Installed finally!