Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Separate "Feedback" setting for Delay FX

Also: Make it modulateable. :)

(If there's already an FR for this, I can't find it.)

Comments

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

You probably need to elaborate a little on exactly what you mean by separate.

I'd also like to add that it would be nice if there was a "send" and "return" function on the delay, and it would be great to be able to modulate it using the per step modulation and gold knobs.

jipumarinojipumarino CaliforniaPosts: 21

I think six_wax refers to the fact that right now the send level and the feedback are tied together. +1 to this request.

@jipumarino said:
    I think six_wax refers to the fact that right now the send level and the feedback are tied together. +1 to this request.

Yes, hoping for a separate Feedback setting, distinct from the joined "Amount" setting.

@jipumarino said:
    I'd also like to add that it would be nice if there was a "send" and "return" function on the delay

If Feedback was separated from "Amount", then Amount is effectively "Send".

Yes, more standard Send/Return controls would also be very desirable also.

jipumarinojipumarino CaliforniaPosts: 21

Just to clarify, the manual itself states that both are combined at the moment:

DELAy
    AMOUnt - the effect level and feedback, combined

A delay unit needs a separate feedback control.. period...
    Feedback controls the number of repeats, and send controls the relative volume of the first repeat.. having these combined makes zero sense