Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Click gold knob to display volume amount

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157
edited September 2018 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a way to find out accurate volume amounts for each sound, it's all done by ear or by those orange blocks which are difficult to be exact with.

So my suggestion is to click the gold knob when 'volume' is highlighted, to display an amount of 0-100.

Post edited by cypher79 on

Comments

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Actually this is a missing feedback of every single feature controlled by a gold knob. the only feedback is the highly inaccurate 4 segment bar LED. Having a temporary display when the dial is being moved would be incredibly useful. ( there's another request somewhere, hopfulyy in makes it to the list of "little changes" for 2.1 )

It's not too bad with the other gold knob parameters, as they all have an equivalent shortcut on the grid that does display accurate info for them....all except the volume it seems, which is pretty odd, as the volume is the most crucial parameter.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Huh? The volume is displayed on Master vol shortcut for tracks. No can do on affect entire song volume, that's true

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:
    Huh? The volume is displayed on Master vol shortcut for tracks. No can do on affect entire song volume, that's true

I just checked that Master shortcut again and you're right, now it is displaying individual track volumes. But when I tried that previously, it would only display the Master volume level? And like you say, it doesn't work with Affect Entire either.

Not sure what's going on there, but still it sure would be useful to get these numbers showing up when adjusting gold knob parameters.