Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can two tracks with the same kit loaded play at the same time?

nosepeoplenosepeople United StatesPosts: 49

For some reason, I can't load the same kit to two different tracks. Once a kit is loaded to a track, the kit number no longer appears in the load menu.

I tried cloning the track instead - but the tracks mute each other, i.e. only one plays at a time. :/
(This is true even when the tracks are assigned to the same section).

Is there some way of having two tracks play at the same time, with the same kit loaded?

(If you're wondering why I want this, it's for polymeter, i.e. tracks of different lengths).

Comments

StijeStije NetherlandsPosts: 14

if you clone the standard behaviour is that it will mute the cloned track. So that is normal.

I can check at home as i did not tested this.
    The manual says:
    Tracks which have the same synth, kit, or MIDI or CV channel may only play one at a time. Launching a track will stop any other tracks with the same “instrument”. This is designed to make it easy to perform tasks such as switching between basslines - just launch the bassline that you wish to hear, and the previously playing one will stop at the same time (provided they use the same synth preset).

For a quick fix i think you can make a new kit with the same samples.

nosepeoplenosepeople United StatesPosts: 49
    edited August 2018

Midi channels can play at the same time -

"If you wish to have more than one track outputting on the same MIDI channel simultaneously, you will notice that additional tracks set to the same MIDI channel appear with a suffix after their channel number, e.g. “2A”, “2B”, and so on. This is to allow them to be treated as unique “instruments”, in terms of which ones may play simultaneously, while still outputting on the same channel."

Post edited by nosepeople on
    JahraJahra Posts: 17

can not play a clone track on top of the other clone too. seem work correctly. but it is strange that it is not possible to add notes on top of a instrument.