Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge often doesn't show sample name?

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Often when I go back over older projects and hold down an audition pad, it doesn't show that particular samples name, instead it just shows my last position on the SD card. However on some projects, it does show the correct sample name when I hold an audition pad down.

Why is this? Does anyone elses Deluge behave like this?

Comments

LunaNova7LunaNova7 Los AngelesPosts: 5

I haven't had that problem exactly, but I'll notice a sort of error message I can't read comes up on the display while I'm browsing through some of my own samples. I'm not certain what the issue is.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

I haven't seen this bug either... so just holding down an audition pad shows the name of the last file you browsed to? If you then browse to another file, does this change again?

@rohan said:
    I haven't seen this bug either... so just holding down an audition pad shows the name of the last file you browsed to?

Yes that's correct.

@rohan said:
    If you then browse to another file, does this change again?

When I go to select another sample, it just puts me in the position where I was last on the SD card, and not where the original sample location was.

This is proving to be a problem as I wanted to make a copy of all samples and synth patches for each of my projects so I can move to a fresh SD card, but it's proving too difficult finding the samples with this issue.

Is there any chance of a 'Collect All & Save' type feature in a future update? I think something like that would eliminate these type of issues.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Yup, a "Collect All & Save" feature is something I'm hoping to do - can't make any exact promises at this point though.

Ah, are you loading new samples by pressing the audition pad and then pressing either the load or the kit button? This creates a brand new "sound" instance and lets you load a sample into it. Perhaps instead, if you're wanting to change the sample for an existing "sound" (row of pads), try holding the audition pad and pressing the "browse" shortcut (far left column of pads). This should take you directly to where the old sample was located.

Thanks for the tip Rohan, thats perfect! I never really used the 'browse' button much for some reason, I always just used 'load' to bring in new samples.

And looking forward to the 'collect all & save', you guys are doing great work with the Deluge!

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    edited August 2018

Awesome to hear that's something your considering @Rohan regarding 'collect all and save'.
    With that and a few other additions you really will have come right close to creating pretty much THE "perfect" box. Then, if you decided to throw that firmware into a box with multi-outs, an oled screen, maybe a cross fader...keep the price under 1200...you would then absolutly OWN the game! ha. Anyways thats neither here nor there, but just had to say it. If I didnt, Im sure someone else would've.

Post edited by minigoat on