Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

BUG? Changing the sample on a KIT forgets the Midi assignment.

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

At least I think it's a bug, because if it's intentional, it's really, really, annoying....

I'm driving the Deluge from an external MIDI sequencer, and I'm trying to audition different kicks, to make sure one will sit on the track just right. The KIT already has MIDI assignments, and the kick is on CH1 / C2

So the process of trying out different kicks on a track is the following:

1. use the pad+load to change the sample. this disables the sequencer, so that instrument stops playing, but only plays when you turn the encoder to audition different sounds.
  2. select a sound you think you're going to like. but you can't hear it because now the pad doesn't have a midi assigment anymore
  3. stop the sequencer ( because if you hit MIDI learn whatever first random note and midi channel traveling on that port will get registered
  4. hold the learn button + that audition pad, and play the right note on the right midi channel
  5. start the sequencer again. ok you can hear the kick again. but it's not that great.

Go back to step 1... cry a little bit.

Suggestions

1. You should definitely NOT forget the Midi assignment when swapping samples. This breaks workflows with external controllers and sequencers.
  2. The audition pad should still work when you are auditioning samples. right now you have to go back between two samples to hear the same sample more than once.
  3. The internal sequencer and the external MIDI input should still trigger while you're choosing different samples. Specially for drum sounds, you want to audition them in the context of the rest of the track.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Use 'browse' instead of load ? (Grid shortcut, third down from top left)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Thanks, using "browse" instead of "load" keeps the MIDI assignment. Great! ( although I think load should also keep it. I can always delete, then load if I want to reset the MIDI learn )

Still would like to audition sample while the track is playing, that would be the fastest!