Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Auto Save

EzelEzel Dominican RepublicBeta Tester Posts: 9

I hope some sort of auto-save feature is implemented. Perhaps not one that overwrite one of previous or current saving instance but something that allow users to preserve work in event of having the the machine go off due to drained battery. Thing is I've been jamming with the deluge since yesterday most of the time going back and forth between other chores and for the love of me wasn't aware of the battery consumption. So right now was working on a beat I have the whole morning locked into, finally got an idea for a main melody, recorded the melody and celebrating when the machine turned off. Of course just lost the last 10 min of my exploration but still would be nice to have something in place that discretely saves to a .* instance where you can recall stuff both from unexpected crashes or in my case the battery being drained.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/3899#Comment_3899
    not a priority for me, lost some stuff, now I do respect the the red battery light warning ;-)
    dont think this is possible right now as autosave requires incremental saving, instead of (re)-writing all XML files.
    imho the big advantage of autosave would be that we had a "song buffer" that keeps the current song in almost realtime. so, u could work on a song, power off the machine without explicitly saving. after reboot Deluge would be in the same state before turned off. nice to have but I'd favor other improvements.