Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Separate scale configuration per track

EzelEzel Dominican RepublicBeta Tester Posts: 9

A critical thing I am trying to understand is why changing the scale on a particular track changes it for all the tracks. I've been playing some chords samples melodically on synth track withe the scale button toggled. If I go about and create a brand new synth track and try to change the scale to use on that particular track I notice how the "notes" I already played on the previous track kinda shift I guess to fit in to the scale selected. Is this the correct behavior? I would assume it would be more interesting that each track hold its own particular scale setup. So as a result of this if lets say I draw a nice Melody on the chord sample track using a major scale, and then I change for another track to Dorian, I have to go back and make the note adjustments on the chord track and then proceed and do my next melody using the new scale.

The ideal solution at least for me would be: That each tracks holds its own "pre-made" or "custom" scale selections. Each track independent from the other, as they already do with the FX section, automation etc..

Comments

EzelEzel Dominican RepublicBeta Tester Posts: 9

Also thinking about this current behavior of the Deluge I would also suggest that perhaps a cool feature would be to record automation of scale toggle cycling. If indeed the notes adapt to scale change would be interesting to use this in a artistic way cycling thru some scale thru a long pattern and keeping that in automation.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Hmm, I mostly use the same scale across all tracks so the current behaviour suits me, BUT I think you raise an interesting point, for example if working on separate sections of a song or where 1 song might contain within it more than 1 ‘song’ like for example a mix of pieces for a live set, then I can see where it would be useful to be able to override the scale on a track by track basis. So +1 from me, with the provisio that it could be set either way in a simple manner.

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

I would agree. after quickly looking at the feature, I decided to work in chromatic mode instead. ( I've never been a big fan of scales, in the sense of hiding the notes that are outside the scale, at least ).