Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multi track audio out via USB

Hopefully this isn’t a ridiculous ask, but when it comes to bouncing a project, it would be nice if we could do either or both of the following:

• send multi track audio via USB to a DAW
  • bounce each track separately to the SD card (ideally with the option of aggregating all the individual tracks of a kit or bouncing each separately over an entire arrangement)

Comments

liquid_airliquid_air USPosts: 8

Can you elaborate? How would saving the audio tracks to the SD card differ from how sampling and resampling already works? And the USB audio multi track, why would that differ from any class compliant device?

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

The USB port on the Deluge is midi only, no audio, if the chipset had audio capability I think it would have been mentioned earlier on in development as a possible ‘coming soon’ feature.

There is no reason why bouncing out audio streams individually couldn’t be implemented though, as it is already possible to do it manually, so it is just a case of adding the functionality - whether it will be added or not though probably depends on how much nterest there is in it.

+1 from me for SD card individual track bouncing :)

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    edited July 2018

Yeah, most hardware ive ever encountered that could stream audio over usb was also designed to function as a usb audio interface, which the deluge is not advertised as one. Also with driver updates and latency issues yada yada, as @alien_brain pointed out, that always seems to be most crash and bug prone part of modern gear, next to midi data traffic it seems. So id rather not tie up resources in computer tethers on a box aimed largely at folks trying to not look at a computer much.
    But +1 to internal stem rendering, for sure. Thats seems doable to me, though i code not.

Post edited by minigoat on