Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Section/Track Launch Behaviour

rjegarjega switzerlandBeta Tester Posts: 13

Global Launch meter in Bars [e.g. 1 Bar, 1/2 Bar, 4 Bars] to better control section/track launch behaviour.

Problem: playing a section with 16 bars in the longest track. to start a new section after 8 bars is not/only with a unhandy workaround possible.

Solution: Global launch meter would kick in and enable to launch new section on the next full Bar [if 1 Bar is preselected]

Extended: Different Launch beahviour per section/track. even more flexibility

Idea inspired by ableton session view clip launch behaviour

open for suggestions!

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Sounds good!!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

rjegarjega switzerlandBeta Tester Posts: 13

thanks! i hope it will find it's way into one of the next updates

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Me too! :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

+1

I would love to be able to set launch behavious per track, so some tracks can kick in (and others stop/pause) 4 beats before the next bar, as a fill in.
    Good for a sudden kick in of a psytrance lead etc.
    Now I have to do this with my mixer, which is less convenient and more prone to sloppy timing in a live performance.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

Oh and it would also be nice to be able to launch a track immediately, but in sync with the other tracks. So when it launches, it starts at the 13th beat when the other tracks are also on the 13th beat.

Also arming a track to start at the 13th when pressed at the 11th (for example) would be nice. So it is "synced" to 1 bar, but "locked" at 4 beats, meaning it will launch at the start of every 4 beats, but will start synced to the launch bar.

I hope my explanation makes sense :p

Anyway, just look at how the pyramid works in this regard. That is one really nice feature of the pyramid.