Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

A 'supersong' mode?

JeffSJeffS Buffalo, NY, USPosts: 11

Someone let me know if this suggestion exists somewhere else on the forum -- I couldn't find it.

In my own workflow I create highly differentiated beats/loops at different BPM tempos. It would be wonderful to be able to program the Deluge to string a group of distinct songs together, one after the other--as an option in addition to the current one where you can manually load new songs in the order desired, on the fly.

This would be like Song Mode then on an MPC, where Sequences with different BPMs and "Programs" (i.e. kits and synths and samples) are strung together.

I would imagine a supersong mode where maybe color or row is used to differentiate which Song is loaded/played at any one time. In other words, in that mode push a button, up pops the Song file browser, make a selection, push the next button, up pops the Song file browser, make another selection, etc. Perhaps once you have a "pool" of loadable Songs, they are each assigned a row or color. You wouldn't want to get too fancy. The main thing is programming a little look-ahead so that the next Song coming down the pike is loaded in time.

Obviously I am not talking about playing two Songs at once.

Comments

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JeffSJeffS Buffalo, NY, USPosts: 11

after playing around a bit more, I would add that having a way to automate the progression through various Song Sections, with various numbers of repetitions, would be even simpler to implement and equally valuable than a supersong mode. The main functionality that would be missing with Song Sections would be ability to string together chunks of material that are running after different tempos/BPM. ~ I was originally very excited about the new Arranger mode but quickly found that for me the Ableton Live Session model doesn't do it for me. While this "mosaics" independent Instruments, I'd love to "mosaic" different chunks of completed music, whether Song Sections or Songs themselves.

The user and all related content has been deleted.