Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Stems as samples

Wolf_GangWolf_Gang SeattlePosts: 11
edited May 2018 in Deluge Help

Thanks in advance for your time. I've loaded several full length stems to use for backing tracks but cant figure out how to get them to stop looping and play the entire track. #noobproblems

Post edited by Wolf_Gang on

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

Did you try extending the track length?
    Of the kit not the sample. :smile:

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Also try setting the sample to CUT mode :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

edited May 2018

I'll try extending the track length. Tried cut mode but no dice.

Post edited by Wolf_Gang on

Extending track lenght didn't work :(

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @Wolf_Gang! Try starting a new kit (shift+kit), adding a stem into the first sample slot, making sure it's set to cut. Now extend the track length to the number of bars your stem will take up (shift + ◄►) and zoom all the way out (press and turn the ◄► knob). Now add a 'note'/your stem at the first bar (by pressing the furthest left edit pad for the relevant kit row). If you've extended the track long enough, the whole stem should show up on the pads. To add another, just add it to a new kit row and add a 'note'/stem/sample lined up with the first. Let me know how you get on :smile: Hope that helps!!

Thanks Sam. I'll try this. Is there any visible indicator of how many bars I should be adding based on the sample lenght or do I need to make an educated guess?

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

@Wolf_Gang No problem! At the moment the best way would be to estimate the amount of bars based on either the number of bars in the DAW you're exporting the stems from (assuming you're matching the tempo), or using the coloured pads in the kit row itself as an indicator. That said, feel free to post/upvote a version of this idea in the suggestions forum, here: http://forums.synthstrom.com/categories/deluge-suggestions