Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

play mode audition sounds through heaphones only?

AeCartAeCart Goshen, IN USABeta Tester Posts: 15

Keep seeing videos of people playing random sounds as they audition while their song is playing really messes up the vibe. Is it possible in some performance mode to audition sounds through headphones only while only placed trigs get played through the main outs? I know you can silently select a sound and use it but if you need to find a new sound that doesn't help.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

No can do, the outputs are wired together unfortunately.

However, with the Downrush software ( https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush check it out here if you don't know what that is )
    you can preview samples on any external device with wifi, like a phone or an ipad, wirelessly.

I do that with my phone + headphones :)

As I said, only for samples, not synth presets. But you could easily sample a small snippet of all your preferred presets to the SD and be able to preview them as well!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

AeCartAeCart Goshen, IN USABeta Tester Posts: 15

Thanks for the reply, I just ordered yesterday and am very excited!

I wonder if it would be possible to sacrifice stereo out and use the right channel as a dedicated audition channel, then set up a track panned right to audition via headphones connected to the right output, with everything else panned left.

A little clunky but maybe would work? Perhaps not worth giving up stereo output.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Personally I wouldn't sacrifice stereo, but that technique definitely works too :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ