Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Filename Scrolling

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56

If I didn't miss anything, the Deluge currently only displays the first 4 digits of any filename - no matter if it's longer or not.
Could we get a way to either use the <>-wheel to scroll through the letters or get autoscrolling, so the filename starts rolling through by itself ('NICK' > 'ICKE' > 'CKEL' > 'KELB' ... or 'NICK' > 'ELBA' > 'BACK' [hope this didn't disqualify the request]).
Its really a lot of work to rename all samples to 4 letter identifiable version.
Let me know in case I oversaw something!

Comments

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

that would be a good idea, OR the alphanumeric proposal would be the best, we don't need the grid while we are browsing samples ;) ;)

SavageGordonSavageGordon Boston, USAPosts: 12

Oh man, using the pads as a display for anything that would be benefitted by increased resolution would be amazing. Scrolling would also help, of course.

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56

I have to say that I don't think that it would be as easy to read as people might think. If you do a test and type in some letters or something a sample might be called onto the pads you'll see what I mean. The KP3 does the same thing on it's pad and it's pretty hard to read - especially as your head is normally just 1-2 feet from the instrument.

This discussion has been closed.