Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Default track settings in options

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

I think that the deluge is so sprawling that it would be optimal to allow us to have a "default settings" for any new track. What I mean by this, is to accomodate our own set up, for example the cutoff and res, when turned, has a default setting. Why not be able to go into settings and choose default and then be able to turn on and off as many settings as we have, to include as many options as possible so that the end user can set up their own workflow, that would apply to any new added track. This way I could set, for example, scales mode off, and default velocity, etc, and not have to make repetitive changes every single time we add new tracks.

Comments

davidbivinsdavidbivins Brooklyn, NYPosts: 5

Good call. I agree with this. At the very least, I don't think resonance should be at anything other than zero.

tangramtangram Oslo, NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 27

Regarding resonance and a lot of other settings, they are stored per preset, then per track-preset (once part of a song) and then per song (if affect entire song is activated). Resonance as adjusted from the gold knobs is the same as resonance in the (track-)preset, unless you have affect entire song activated, then its an overrride. Is it the affect entire song override you're referring to?

I think we could use some clearing up as to how these things work, and why it was implemented this way in the first place. You can do automations that basically override any parameter of the preset, which is probably part of the reason.

kinakina New ZealandPosts: 27
    The resonance should just be 0 by default anyway. But I agree with everything else as well.