Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Different Kinds of Reverb

If you're looking for inspiration on different kinds of reverb to implement later on, may I suggest checking out the algorithms that Tom Erbe used in the Erve-Verb by make noise. As far as I understand they are all based on simple delay taps and filters that feedback into themselves, so I imagine they would be light on processor power. He made some Max/MSP and PD versions of the patches and they sound amazing.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/p/pod/dod-idx/building-the-erbe-verb-extending-the-feedback-delay-network.pdf?c=icmc;idno=bbp2372.2015.054
http://tre.ucsd.edu/wordpress/?p=696
http://tre.ucsd.edu/wordpress/?p=285

And, while probably processor heavy, implementing some kind of convolution reverb would be wild. Have a folder where you store impulse responses or use samples recorded directly with the Deluge as impulse response. That would be fun! Ha!

Comments

tangramtangram Oslo, NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 27

Also see the Oliverb in the alternative Parasites firmware for Mutable Instruments Clouds:

https://github.com/mqtthiqs/parasites/

(clouds folder, I presume, but note the licensing)

sinknoodlessinknoodles Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 32

+1

sinknoodlessinknoodles Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 32
    edited June 2017

Please please please do make improvements to the reverb, and offer different kinds , spring would be great , maybe plate, etc. I find as I get more familiar with the unit I'm using it less and less as IMO it sounds unconvincing and cheap most of the time. As there are no individual output for tracks , i feel quality reverb is a must. Great job on the delay though ! I do love all the weirdness happening at low rates.

Post edited by sinknoodles on
    workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

A "gated" reverb would be great. Something you could adjust the threshold so it would "slam shut" when the sound dropped below a certain level.

SavageGordonSavageGordon Boston, USAPosts: 12

This is easily one of my biggest requests. Without having individual outs, I need some flexibility with the reverb that's available so I can set the proper ambience.

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

Yes why would I need to hookup a Strymon or RV-500 to a this nice machine ? BTW try to set SIZE>45 and WIDT < 50 and DAMP < 50 I get a pretty good results ... Somehow the WIDT=50 has strange artificial vibe to it.

TactileAFTactileAF Perth, Western AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 22

On board convolution reverb would be incredibly cool.

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

@funktree said:
    Yes why would I need to hookup a Strymon or RV-500 to a this nice machine ? BTW try to set SIZE>45 and WIDT < 50 and DAMP < 50 I get a pretty good results ... Somehow the WIDT=50 has strange artificial vibe to it.

That's part of the jack-of-all-trades issue.
    Why would I want to plug in my Strymon or RV500? Because they are quality studio level FXs that cost a pretty penny that's why, each with their own unique magic. For me, with the deluge onboard FX you'll never please everyone and potentially a real rabbit-hole for the devs.

stephencarrstephencarr CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 14

Haven't heard anything about the FX in Firmware 3.0, I hope they are keeping this and other tweaks up their sleeves. Live looping and USB host are huge and awesome, but the reverb does seem wanting. That said, I am a novice and maybe I should make use of the unique characteristics instead :smile:

DJYanoDJYano PolandPosts: 2

I bought BigSky from Strymon and solved the problem itself ;)

eliaselias Posts: 9

A spring reverb would be amazing!

dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31

+1 for convolution reverb with user-loadable impulses.

22tape22tape Posts: 43

If convolution were implemented I'd dry hump Rohan's leg.

Encouraging?

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

Yess please a better reverb algorithm. in my opinion it's the weakest point of the fx section

andersschroderandersschroder copenhagenPosts: 8

And a per-clip reverb.