Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording guitar

enntteenntte GermanyPosts: 1

Hey!

„Problem“ Recording Audio Tracks:

So I would like to do my whole guitar arrangements on the deluge. On thing I can’t figure out:

Clip 1 is the Drum/Perc section. Let’s say 30 Bars. This is my first clip functioning as the metronome as well and is playing throughout the whole song.

And then there are a few audio clips w different guitar parts. Let’s say Bar 1-10 a part, bar 15 to 20 a second etc.

I record into song view. When I record the first guitar part I set the length to 30 bars first so the overall length of the song. But I play just the first 10 bars. So afters 10 bars guitar i end the recording and press „launch“ so recording starts after 30 bars/end of the song again. But then I have to wait until the end of the song that the recording ist actually recorded. Right? I mean that’s annoying to wait so long and i guess that’s not necessary or there is a more clever way? :) but I can’t find one.

Thank u!

Comments

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

I do some guitar recording/arranging, but usually break it up to smaller chunks than 30 bars. That said, you might be able to do a sort of punch-in recording if you use arranger view. I've done vocals that way before (ie, lay out my entire arrangement, then jump to each specific verse to do vocal takes).

I can't recall off the top of my head how to do it, but worth looking up how to use arranger in general and then to record directly into it