Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Live improv?

I like to create from scratch. Can I build a song on the deluge live with no pre recorded samples. I get how to create a full track, but am I able to build a track from scratch (saved synths and kits) live without having to stop playback?

Comments

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

@taylorshaw said:
    I like to create from scratch. Can I build a song on the deluge live with no pre recorded samples. I get how to create a full track, but am I able to build a track from scratch (saved synths and kits) live without having to stop playback?

Yes absolutely you can!

You can live loop audio, create a new synth live, create a new kit (load samples and synths to the kit, sample audio into a kit row).

taylorshawtaylorshaw USA Posts: 5

Thank you soooo much!

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

I like to create from scratch. Can I build a song on the deluge live with no pre recorded samples. I get how to create a full track, but am I able to build a track from scratch (saved synths and kits) live without having to stop playback?> @taylorshaw said:

I do this all the time! Super long live ambient sets where I build it all up from scratch synths and resampling. Can be a lot of fun

taylorshawtaylorshaw USA Posts: 5

Thank y’all soo much for all of yalls responses. I’m a brand new deluge owner and stoked to be a part of this awesome community of musicians and creators!

@taylorshaw said:
    Thank y’all soo much for all of yalls responses. I’m a brand new deluge owner and stoked to be a part of this awesome community of musicians and creators!

Welcome! It's a great community

hurphendalehurphendale PragueBeta Tester Posts: 41

@Bay_Mud got any videos about how you do this? Or any sets? I would be interested to hear your approach. I've been using the Deluge as a composition tool for many years, but have been trying more to develop different approaches to improv.

@hurphendale said:
    @Bay_Mud got any videos about how you do this? Or any sets? I would be interested to hear your approach. I've been using the Deluge as a composition tool for many years, but have been trying more to develop different approaches to improv.

I've recorded a bunch of the sets and keep meaning to go back and revisit them, but haven't made the time. There are a few snippets of video on Instagram, but they are short, so not super helpful for context. My approach for these types of sets has been to have a rough idea of where I want to go (melody, sounds, etc.) but built it up from scratch each time, so it's never quite the same---also lots of live resampling to mangle things and keep it unique