Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Connecting Roland Sound Canvas to Deluge

Hello,

I am attempting to connect my Deluge to my Roland Sound Canvas SC-88 Pro. I want to send MIDI to it and have its audio output come through the onboard Deluge speaker. Right now I have a MIDI cable going out of the Deluge's MIDI out port into my Sound Canvas. I have a MIDI track set up on the Deluge. I get a visual response from the Sound Canvas screen showing it receives the input, but no sound comes out of the speaker. In the manual in the MIDI section there is a great deal about all of the MIDI functionality but can't figure out how I am meant to select what the audio output of the MIDI track is.

The Sound Canvas has L-R RCA outputs on the back; with one line input on the Deluge, seems like I need a mono signal coming out. I have tried various combinations of only the L or R RCA jacks and, if I am reading the manual right, only pushing it in part of the way into the line input on the Deluge. To be clear this is an RCA to 1/4" set of cables I'm using, with the 1/4" of course going into the Deluge. This was what I used in the past when connecting the Sound Canvas to an audio interface for using in Ableton.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

you need to create an audio clip with monitoring on on the deluge. if you have the OLED display, an option with (MONITORING) is what you would need to select, with 7SEG display an option ending with a period is what you will select.