Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Loop playback of a section in arrangement view

KnolramKnolram New York CityPosts: 6

Once I have added a bunch of clips to arrangement view, is there a way to loop playback of a specific part of the arrangement? Like loop bars 5 through 8 for instance?

I searched for "loop" in the arrangement section of the manual and everything seems to be about looping individual clips rather than the whole arrangement.

Thanks!

Answers

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 155

Go back to song mode to play this part in loop

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 155

But I think what you try to search isn't implemented yet

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

there isn't a looping function within arranger, but sven_blob is correct that you can switch back to song view and have the current section loop indefinitely until you reenter arranger view again. there may be an additional step or two to have this work properly, check the manual.

the only other tip i can provide is that if you press <> + PLAY, it will start playback from the current screen. so if you shift your screen so bar 5 begins at the 1st column of the main pad grid, pressing <> + PLAY will start playback at bar 5, which is helpful for listening to a specific section without listening to all the previous bars before it.