Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

quantize % amount

lobitlobit canadaPosts: 12
edited February 19 in Open Source

one feature I use often in my MPC live is being able to set a quantize strength amount in percentage. I see that the drum randomizer mode can apply quantization up to a certain amount to any or all notes but in that mode are you able to set a baseline quantization rate? like say 70% at 16th notes to start with?

Post edited by lobit on

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

i think you are getting drum randomizer mode mixed with the post-quantize feature, those two things are separate.

after recording all your notes, you can hit SHIFT + press TEMPO down + turn clockwise till QUANTIZE hits 70%.
    to make sure it's quantized to 16th notes, you're zoom view should be at 16th notes, which is default.

the only drawback is that this is destructive. you can't remove the 70% and have the notes nudged exactly back to the original recording. in the future this feature may be updated to do so.

lobitlobit canadaPosts: 12

I think I get it, so you record initial live recording has to be set to no quantize for this to work? Im hoping it will be possible to set a value say 90% quantize and have all new recordings follow the setting. Thats kinda what I do with the mpc and it works pretty well to keep some liveness in the recordings

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

the recording setting in the menu (SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > QUANTIZATION) will need to be set to OFF first yes. afterwards, the post-sequencing/recording quantize feature found in community firmware (instructions provided in my first post) will have to be applied after each recording per clip. it doesn't apply for all future recordings indefinitely.