Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is there a way to save a set of effects you've configured for an audio track for reuse later?

KnolramKnolram New York CityPosts: 6

I've applied some effects to some guitar tracks in a song I've been working on that I'd like to use again in future songs. Can I save these so that I can load the effect settings in new songs I make later?

Answers

The more I research this the more it seems like it isn't possible. If it's a non-audio track like a synth track for instance, you can save a new synth preset that includes all the effects you've setup... but it doesn't seem like you can do this for an audio track. Is there a way to convert an audio track back to a synth or other track type, so I can save the effects configuration?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611
    edited February 20

you are correct that saving 'audio clip presets' isn't a feature.

additionally, there is no current support for carrying over effects from synth to audio clip.
    however, you can do as you suggest and just use a synth clip and save that preset. if you set the osc1 sample mode to stretch and have a single note held out for the entire length you need, you can achieve the same effect as an audio clip with the benefits of saving and recalling the effect settings you've made. whenever you want to use a different sample, you just shift+browse and select a different sample.

Post edited by reza on
    Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

Alternatively, you can make a copy of the project in question and delete everything but the audio track you like, then press <> + Back within that audio clip to clear the clip, which still keeps the effect settings. Save this project as a sort of template to use later and record into it/copy it, etc. (that may work or may not depending on your workflow)

@reza this bit sounds like an interesting solution:

"if you set the osc1 sample mode to stretch and have a single note held out for the entire length you need"

Could you explain in a little more detail what you mean by osc1 sample mode?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

oscillator 1 sample mode can be set with the main pad grid shortcuts. it's the furthest left and further down pad on the grid, labeled SAMPLE 1 MODE. when in your kit clip (or synth clip) press and hold the audition pad of the sample/row you want to change, then press the SAMPLE 1 MODE shortcut (you can also do shift + shortcut). a variety of sample playback options are available to choose from, select stretch.

stretch will stretch the sample across the length of the note you make. so if you place a note at the beginning, press and hold the first part of the sequenced note and select the last pad on the right of the main pad grid. the note should extend for a full bar, it's tail is slightly dim to represent a held out note. now the sample will stretch and play across that 1 full bar. adjust the length and clip length to stretch across the amount of time you desire.