Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Clicks, cracks and random volume "surges" ?

FleeologyFleeology FrancePosts: 1

Hi.

I've had the deluge for a few weeks now, and from the start, I noticed "instabilities" on the volume front : wether with my headphones or via L/R outputs, after a "power on" and loading a project, the volume gets hectic, slowly buillding up without responding to the encoder, and then suddenly dropping, sometimes the oppposite (suddenly "surging", then slowly going quiet). Also produces crackles and clicks, although I haven't had any physical accident with it, it's been protected from any dust by its decksaver, and I haven't done any live show (it basically hasn't left my non smoking home studio) with it.
It's not systematic, not every time I switch it on does it does that, but, it seems it's gotten nastier this last couple of days.

Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Answers

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

are you using community firmware?

are you using sidechain?

sounds like unintentional master compressor use (in community firmware) or unintentional/too intense sidechain use. a video example with clear audio would help figure out if its a user error or something hardware related