Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

I'm confused about how many clips I can have per track in Grid Mode

Hi, I come from an Ableton background and am interested in the new grid mode of the Community firmware. I have an opportunity to purchase a Deluge but I'm confused about some limitations and the terminology also complicates my understanding.

Is it correct that the Deluge can only have 12 clips/patterns per track?
The limits stated seem to apply to song sections, but I can't see anywhere anyone saying "you can have 256 clips" only that the Grid mode is limited to 12 launchable clips per track.

I'd mainly use the Deluge as a sequencer for my external gear, and in each song I certainly need more than 12 clips per track. The model and terminology makes searching quite difficult, for example I encountered the references to "white" clips of which there can be many more it seems, but are apparently only available to arrangements - so the Grid mode would only have the basic 12 clips per track. Is that correct?

I don't really need "sections" here, I need a lot of clips per track! Like 128 clips per song per MIDI track would be nice!

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

it's currently a limitation of grid view given that deluge only has 12 section colors before they start to repeat. so in rows view, it supports clips that have the same section color so there is no limit per track.

once a system is figured out how to generate more section colors that are visually distinct, more than 12 clips per track will be possible. so i think it will be possible in the future.

Thanks, much appreciated.