Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Adept BPM to incomming audio with beatcounter - for DJ uses

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

Hey,
I think there is other stuff to do - or maybe its fine like it is ;)

My idea: The deluge counts the beats from incomming audio and sets its own speed to this value.
This would be awsome for DJs to sync the deli and cut loops or underlay drums.
There is also an old device called soundbite micro from redsound which gives midi clock out from incomming signal. This was good for looping records in earlier days :) It guesses the speed very precise and cuts not noticable perfect loops.

But maybe no one needs this :) Just an idea..

Or even adept the key - thats too much :)

Thanks for reading :)

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

the deluge already has a clock in input (CLK IN) that you can use to achieve this or have something plug into it's MIDI IN that sends a clock. but this won't work by interpreting incoming audio, it needs to send midi or pulses.

Yeah I know :) it works via midi as usual.. but the new feature would be to interpret incomming audio that we dont need midi in..DJs could just plug the deluge in and have it syced..
    Midi output on DJ mixers and players is very rare..

The workaround already exists with this extern device - its years old but the only device i know which does this:
    redsound.de/micro_features.html

I just wanted to present my idea :) the deluge is now very nice with all the features - would already be enough for me :)

cheechee londonPosts: 3

note: the teenage engineering tx-6 also has a feature like this https://teenage.engineering/guides/tx-6#beat-tracking

Ouh, didnt know that! The redsound emitts a good clock but its drifting after a short while you always have to nudge the dely to stay in time. The nudgin at the deluge works in the wrong encoder direction as intuitive like on turntables and it could be a bit less sensitive to get it right more easyly..