Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording in empty event with a defined length

Hey!

If I record something in an empty event, the event will be automatically enhanced, when the cursor reaches the end.

My workaround is to put some random notes into empty events and put the volume to zero. This causes lots of side effects ...

Please give me the option to have a defined length while recording in an empty event ...

It woud be sooooo helpful for my workflow!

Thank you!

Gasher

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

two options, either press play THEN record and the clip won't extend. obviously this will mess with timing in some occasions.

the best option is to go to SONG view. press and hold RECORD circular pad, note that the clip's launch/mute pad is red (armed for recording), press it and it will be green. now when you record as normal (record then press play) it won't extend further !

GasherGasher TiefenbrunnPosts: 9

Thank you – both is good and fine, but!

I jam while the song is playing, I don't want to stop between recording rows ... I'd like to prepare an empty structure before having a live gig. "Be fast enough to stop the record before it ends the structure" or "fix it after recording" ... I am trying all of this, but it would be sooooo much easier not to worry about ...

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

i think the second option i detailed can be done preemptively and saved as a song template and work as you'd like. let me know if anything gets in the way of your live workflow

GasherGasher TiefenbrunnPosts: 9

I think, this works!

Sorry that i didn't understand it in the first place ... I tried it yesterday while performing and it felt a little bit strange, but -- I will get used to it!

Thank you!