Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Files and Dependencies

cavengercavenger United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 11

Hi All, I am wondering if someone can give me the gist of how files work in the Deluge. Here are my assumptions but maybe one of you can clarify? I am running the community firmware.

-synth files can reside anywhere on the SD card.

-kit files can reside anywhere on the SD card but the xml files includes hard coded references to the associated sample files

-songs contain hard coded references to the kit and synth locations that they reference

Any input would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 612
    • synth presets (.xml files) will need to be in SYNTHS folder. synths that utilize samples will save the location of the sample into the .xml file.
    • kit presets (.xml files) will need to be in the KITS folder, yes when you save a kit, the location of the samples it's using is saved as well. you can use a 3rd party app to make it so when you move/re-organize samples around, it auto-updates the correct .xml files that reference those samples (works for synths that use samples too). 'Deluge Commander': https://neuma.studio/deluge-commander/
    • songs contain they're own unique versions of the kit or synth presets. this is in order to reflect any changes you made to a given preset for that particular song.

@reza said:

• synth presets (.xml files) will need to be in SYNTHS folder. synths that utilize samples will save the location of the sample into the .xml file.
    • kit presets (.xml files) will need to be in the KITS folder, yes when you save a kit, the location of the samples it's using is saved as well. you can use a 3rd party app to make it so when you move/re-organize samples around, it auto-updates the correct .xml files that reference those samples (works for synths that use samples too). 'Deluge Commander': https://neuma.studio/deluge-commander/
    • songs contain they're own unique versions of the kit or synth presets. this is in order to reflect any changes you made to a given preset for that particular song.

Thank you! I have had trouble using the commander lately. I am not sure what is going on with it and wonder if it’s something to do with the community firmware.

what exactly is going on for you when trying to use it? and are you using the 1.2.0 release which handles folders?

@reza said:
    what exactly is going on for you when trying to use it? and are you using the 1.2.0 release which handles folders?

I’ll double check. Question…can you create folders under the Synth folder for organizational purposes?

yep! you can create folders in your SYNTHS, KITS, and SONGS directories. to reveal folders you'll want to open the deluge browser (load+song, load+synth, load+kit) and type on the pad grid to search for it, i believe they don't show up in the browser simply by scrolling with SELECT.