Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Copying a clip from Arranger View

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

I couldn't figure out how to fix the previous issue so I did a workaround, and ended up recording a clip into Arranger view that I now want to copy out of arranger view and put in a new song. I can't find a way to do that? Can someone help? Ive tried the usual commands but they don't seems to work.

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

if the clip is a synth or kit clip, save the preset first. then zoom out to see the full length of the clip on one screen, hit learn/input+click down on <> encoder to COPY (take note what note or sample is on the bottom most row), make a new song, make the clip with the desired preset and same length as previous, make sure to zoom out the same amount where the whole clip length is displayed, scroll so that the bottom row is the same note/sample when you copied the sequence, hit SHIFT+learn/input+click down on <> encoder to PASTE.

if it's an audio clip, simple hit shift+browse when in the audio clip. make a new song, create a new audio clip, then hit shift+browse and the same audio recording will be brought up, press select to confirm.

It's a synth clip , and the copy function isn't working. I get no return message that the clip contents are copied , and when I try to paste in a new clip, it pastes nothing. Heavy sigh.
    I think I know what I'm doing wrong, I think I need to do this in clip mode, not arranger mode. I'll try that. Thanks, Reza.

This isn't working. Nothing copies when I'm in arranger mode, and when I go to clip mode it just copies the clip that I to touch to get into clip mode.
    So I tried copying one clip into another and found that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the blank spaces in between the original clip and the clip being pasted in.
    Argh.

edited August 2023

you should review this video (8 minutes 8 seconds in, 'Copying and Pasting'), otherwise i would suggest you read the manual so you understand how copying, pasting work in a more in-depth way in order to avoid issues.

Post edited by reza on

I'll review again. thanks.

Radius9999Radius9999 Felton, CABeta Tester Posts: 46

Is there a way to copy and paste in arranger view? It doesn't seem to work for me the way it does in clips. I'd like to be able to take the verse and chorus and copy it again. Is this possible?

@Radius9999 don't think so, have to do it manually. (or record from song view to arranger if that's somehow easier)