Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Monitoring and recording bass guitar

KiGrooverKiGroover United KingdomPosts: 1

I'm ashamed to say I've had a Deluge for quite a while now, and I can't seem to figure out how hear and play my bass through the line in output.

I really need some help, I would've thought it be just a case of
1. Bass lead, into the line in..I've checked both leads.
2. Hit the song button.
3. Learn...

Can someone give me step by step instructions please...

Happy new year...a year of tapping into the source

Answers

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 29

Hello, it may be that you're trying to feed a very low, passive signal (Hi-Z) from the bass into a 'line-in' which needs some sort of amplifier between the two. You could use an effects pedal, but it needs a line-out level signal or you'll have the same problem. Any mixer will usually work (some have extra line-outs at the correct level), and allow you to record/sample other instruments too, without having to change cables around.

Just for clarification, setting up external audio-in involves:

• new audio track by pressing blank row, keeping it pressed and pushing the SELECT knob
    • press LEARN, keep it pressed down, press & hold down same audio track, then rotate SELECT until you get LEFT or RIGHT or STEREO plus lower-right LED dot (the dot on these options - LEFT. RIGHT. or STEREO. - indicates monitoring ON so you can hear the input)
    • play bass, adjust volumes appropriately

You can also set up 2x different tracks for LEFT and RIGHT inputs and have 2x external mono devices playing & recorded separately. Each track will have individual deluge effects too. I've used this setup for a TB-03 and TD-3 panned slightly apart, with different delay timing on each.

Hope this helps. It looks more complicated written down than it actually is. It might also help if you save a template version early on before diving in.