Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

A continuous MIDI clock option.

I own the Sequential Prophet '08 and Prophet REV2 desktop synthesizers. When their syncing is set to external their sequencers need a MIDI clock to run. Currently the Deluge only sends out MIDI clock when it is running. This is impractical when you want to want to play and tweak the Prophet '08 or REV2 with a gated sequence without having to run the Deluge. To eliminate this issue a MIDI clock continuous on or off option would be welcome.

Comments

RabokayRabokay EuBeta Tester Posts: 32

+1

nabendnabend Posts: 13

from my observation of the LED activity that my MIDI multiplexers have, i'd assume that the clock event is sent continuously as it is regularly blinking as soon as the Deluge is running.

could the problem rather be that you rather have to consider the start and stop commands?

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

@nabend said:
    from my observation of the LED activity that my MIDI multiplexers have, i'd assume that the clock event is sent continuously as it is regularly blinking as soon as the Deluge is running.

could the problem rather be that you rather have to consider the start and stop commands?

I'm not sure about that because the sequencers in the Prophet '08 and Prophet REV2 are gated sequencers; they start when a key is pressed and stop when the pressed key is released. Could it be that what you see is the active sense? Does the blinking increase and decrease when you change the tempo of the Deluge?

when i power on the Deluge, an attached MIDI monitor tells that the message 0f 00 0e 0f 00 00 is received regularly. that seems not to be the clock according to a poor research, i'm too tired.

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52
    edited January 6

@nabend said:
    when i power on the Deluge, an attached MIDI monitor tells that the message 0f 00 0e 0f 00 00 is received regularly. that seems not to be the clock according to a poor research, i'm too tired.

I hooked up my Deluge to my MacBook Pro via an Alesis io|2 using a midi cable and there's no regular message coming out watching with Midi Monitor (snoize.com); its filter function allows to filter out messages such as MTC, active sense, sysex, etc. The MIDI Clock messages only come out between the Start and Stop messages. So what you are experiencing is probably an echo from another device. Deluge's MIDI Thru is on? It's strange indeed.

Post edited by Phoebus1966 on

thanks for the feedback, now you helped me to understand me my setup better. it's an effing Roland MIDI-keyboard. i guess attempting to communicate w/ the accompanying software. sorry for hijacking the thread.