Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

erratic LFO modulation behaviour.. can you help me understand it?

Hi folks, happy holidays!!

Just popping in because I have some problems I can’t wrap my head around.

Basically, I have a drum kit where a row of hihats’ PAN is being modulated by LFO1. In the modulation strength menu, from my understanding the number is something you set and it remains static, but in my case is jumps up and down erratically as if it’s being modulated for something else. But there’s definitely nothing else modulating it.

The erratic change happens when the clip is being played. While not playing the number rests and can be changed. But even then, when I dial it back down to zero and hit play it starts to change itself once again.

I’ve uploaded a video so you can see what I mean.

I’ve doubled checked that there’s no lfo2 modulating lfo1(you can see in the video that lfo2 also behaves erratically and changes itself), no automation. Really confusing situation and I wonder if anyone has any insight on why it’s doing it.

I’m on community firmware 1.0 and oled deluge.

Thanks heap!

Comments

synthriksynthrik Sweden Posts: 22

Hi. It looks like you do actually have automation recorded on the modulation depth after all. I just tried it myself and can replicate the same on my (LED) Deluge (official firmware). You may have recorded it without realizing and I don't see you deleting it in the video. Any change in modulation depth you do while recording will be recorded just like many other parameters. To remove it, simply enter the modulation depth page and press SHIFT + SELECT.