Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

When I scroll through the load menu it freezes and pads light up

When I press "load" and then scroll through songs when I get to a certain letter it will stop responding and light up.

Please advise

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

what firmware? what screen type, 7seg or oled? what letter does it get stuck at or is it a random one? can you exist the freeze by pressing down select and holding? if yes, does it behave normally after? does your computer tell you there is an error with your sd card when you plug it in?

GaryJamesJoGaryJamesJo Eugene, ORPosts: 5

@GaryJamesJo said:
    When I press "load" and then scroll through songs when I get to a certain letter it will stop responding and light up.

Please advise

@GaryJamesJo said:

Please advise

@reza said:
    what firmware? what screen type, 7seg or oled? what letter does it get stuck at or is it a random one? can you exist the freeze by pressing down select and holding? if yes, does it behave normally after? does your computer tell you there is an error with your sd card when you plug it in?

Deluge+firmware+V4p1p3+OLED
    It gets stuck on D
    It does exit freeze but then freezes with a different light pattern
    I have to shut it off and on again.
    No error with the SD card when I plug it in to my computer.
    Below is a video of the event:

elausoelauso GermanyPosts: 5

It looks like there is a song that is somehow broken and crashes the Deluge once it tries to load it (just guessing, really).
    I would assume it's one of those songs starting with 'D'. You could try to narrow it down by removing a few songs (copying to your computer and removing it from the SD card) and then see if you can scroll through the list again.

Once you found the song that brings down your Deluge, I'm sure someone here can help identify the problem (if you're willing to upload the suspicious song file).

GaryJamesJoGaryJamesJo Eugene, ORPosts: 5

Thank you! It worked, it does not crash now that I deleted said corrupted files.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

also a correction, you are using Community Firmware c1.0.0, not official firmware.

would be useful to get the .XML file of the troubled/corrupted project you had to remove to see if something preventable caused it.