Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

PLEASE HELP, does anyone know, how I can sync "STEMS" (multiple audio files) to the internal clock?

I've been performing live (like dj'ing) with multiple Deluge's and additional synths. some of the tunes that I play are multitrack "stems" from my DAW. I try to limit the stems to an average of 6-8 seperate audio files, the most I've used so far are 13 which works perfectly!! but I've not been able to lock then to the internal clock. its been close, but eventually goes out of sync.

even if the incoming audio files and the internal clock are the EXACT tempo, I cannot get them to stay synced.

If anyone has a clue, I am super desperate to resolve this. I dare even attempt to time stretch a full length song, which is the ultimate goal!!!

Tagged:

Answers

michaelmoogmichaelmoog USAPosts: 14

if you would like to see how I'm playing these live, you can go to my instagram at @michaelmoog

chrisrolandchrisroland United StatesPosts: 41

i dunno. i sequence my MPC's samples with Deluge and find even if the tempos (Deluge v. what i know to be the sample's original BPM) ostensibly match, I have to chop up the vocals and trigger them separately but consecutively to really get a tight beatmatch. long audio files are gonna have some drift to them no matter how digital i feel like. can you break down the stems into parts that can be sequenced discretely in arranger mode?

michaelmoogmichaelmoog USAPosts: 14

thanks so much for responding. I really don't use the arrange mode at all. I'm using the deluge for live performance. I basically arrange the songs live, I want the ability to hold or exit any given sequence at a moments notice. but with the ability to use stems which I do (and it does work) I can basically take any record I've produced in my daw and play them live ...like DJ'ing with full multitrack sessions. just trying to figure out how to lock them to the tempo. and then possibly timestretching full blown stems. my friend does it with his elektron "OCTATRACK"

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

I can't tell from your description if you're using a master clock with your other gear and the Deluge, but if they don't all share the same clock signal, they're not going to stay in time. One will be playing 120.001 BPM, and you'll notice the slip eventually.

If you are clocking them all together, then it could be that your samples aren't the right length? If you figure out how many bars/beats each sample/stem/audio clip is, trim the samples carefully to beginning and end, and then make each audio clip last for the correct number of bars, autostretch will take care of keeping it all in sync.

If your sample is 32 bars + an eighth note long in time, and you tell the Deluge it's 32 bars long, you'll get slip. (Until it comes back around to the beginning, when it will be in time again.)

Sometimes it helps to make a simple click track (kit with closed hat?) to use as a reference when trimming the audio clip, so you can easily hear when the sample length matches the number of beats that you've chosen -- everything falls in time. This is so old-school, tweaking loop start/end points, but c'est la vie!

But if you give the Deluge samples that are on time, and you clock it with your other gear, it'll do what you want.