Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

auto channel midi mapping.

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35
edited September 2023 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Please forgive me if it has mentioned before. I couldn`t really find anything about it.

It would be great when attaching a midi keyboard, it automatically maps a midi channel to the selected track.
Basically, so that the midi keyboard is always assigned to the selected track.

With elektron devices or even most other grooveboxes its quite common. I can basically select a midichannel which could be my auto channel, lets say its midi channel 1. Every time I switch a track it would assign this midi channel to the current track and I can play with my keyboard instantly without unmapping and re-mapping.

I am not sure how difficult it is to pull off, but it could be just an extra setting, to lets say turn auto mapping on or off.
Or does it exist already and I haven`t noticed it yet?

Post edited by janbert on

Comments

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49
    edited December 2023

This is for you @janbert !

Midi Follow Mode with Midi Learning View

Master midi follow mode whereby after enabling the mode, you set a master midi follow channel and all midi (notes + cc’s) received on that channel will be directed to control the active view (e.g. arranger view, song view, audio clip view, instrument clip view).

Comes with a midi learning view to make learning and managing your midi cc's to the deluge's parameters a breeze.

Simple summary: Set a channel, set your Midi Controller(s) to the same channel, set a root note for your kits, learn your Midi CC's once and play and control the deluge instruments and parameters with ease!

No more re-learning your Midi controllers every time you start a new song, add new clips or change instrument presets.

https://github.com/SynthstromAudible/DelugeFirmware/pull/781

Download link: https://github.com/SynthstromAudible/DelugeFirmware/actions/runs/7083985686?pr=781

Post edited by seangoodvibes on
    erlandsenerlandsen SwedenPosts: 2

Ooo - I've wanted this feature since I got my Deluge last year! Can't wait until someone merges this into the an official release. Good job! \o/

oneANToneANT ɹǝpun uʍop puɐlPosts: 73

I was going to say ..have a look at Sean's Midi update ..but here he is, like a popup on a screen. Is a huge little addition to the Deluge.

Is this for community or Official Sean? I don't know how the decision is made/qualified. Either way, I don't care. Is OMG awesome anyway.

Will it work with MPE MIDI ..?