Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Panning

sp3ct3rssp3ct3rs MontrealPosts: 2
edited November 2023 in General Discussion

Hello all;

Is there any way to assign pan variations to different notes or lines? Would love to have a note hit hard left and another hard right here and there… I’m trying to create a more wild stereo output for pedal demoing a stereo pedal using synth mode. But, am willing to use midi or kit if pan options are better anywhere other than recording a track.

I am running OS4 with the OG screen.

Thanks
Jim

Post edited by sp3ct3rs on
Tagged:

Comments

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

Hi
    If you hold down a note on a sequencer page you can turn the PAN knob when in the far left orange LED volume/pan mode and it'll remember every position per note. It works with other variables too, see page 66 of the Deluge Guidebook v4.0 - 'RECORDING MANUAL PARAMETER CHANGES PER PAD'.
    Hope this helps. Kudos to Elektron for inventing this!
    Cheers

sp3ct3rssp3ct3rs MontrealPosts: 2

Thank you for your time and notes :) I was looking for possible pan per note just being set and it seems 1.) it isn’t possible in synth mode 2.) it is possible to do it per line in kit

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

Hello again, sorry I was indeed wrong! I just tried it again with synth mode and sure enough the automation is only set for the whole column, not individual notes! Must have mixed it up with the kit screen. It would be a great addition now I think about it, being able to spread chords over the stereo field and change their positions on the same chord in a sequence, or even automate panning for individual notes.. maybe needs a suggestion for future firmwares?
    Cheers!