Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Android and iOs based second screen for 7segment LED version

SirWesleySirWesley DeutschlandPosts: 1
edited November 2023 in Open Source

Hi,
is anyone working on a remote screen app for the old 7segment LED deluge? Something like they did on Dirtywave M8 tracker.

Post edited by SirWesley on
Tagged:

Comments

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

We have a PC remote screen web based app that let's you emulate OLED from 7SEG and vice versa: https://bfredl.github.io/delugeclient/app.html

It works on Google Chrome

Smartphone based app's aren't in the horizon for a while.

I tested the above link on Chrome for iPad and unfortunately it doesn't work I think due to the web midi protocol not being available on iOS.

On Android I bet it's available.

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

@seangoodvibes: do you happen to know the pixel dimensions of the OLED? width/height?

We have a web based remote screen app:

@workergray said:
    @seangoodvibes: do you happen to know the pixel dimensions of the OLED? width/height?

I don’t know sorry! @bfredl might!

heartflipheartflip RussiaPosts: 1
    edited November 2023

@seangoodvibes said:
    We have a PC remote screen web based app that let's you emulate OLED from 7SEG and vice versa: https://bfredl.github.io/delugeclient/app.html

I tested the above link on Chrome for iPad and unfortunately it doesn't work I think due to the web midi protocol not being available on iOS.

Hi! How did you find out which MIDI messages from the Deluge represents its screen?
    Is it documented maybe?

I thinking about making similar app for iOS, any help with that highly appriciated, thanks!

Post edited by heartflip on

@heartflip said:

@seangoodvibes said:

Hi! How did you find out which MIDI messages from the Deluge represents its screen?
    Is it documented maybe?

I thinking about making similar app for iOS, any help with that highly appriciated, thanks!

Hey, @bfredl made the app so he’d the best person to ask about this. He does have several PR’s on GitHub for the web so they could be a good place to start at reviewing what he might be connecting to in the deluge firmware.