Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V4.1.3 released (currently for OLED only)

2»

Comments

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

@jensg said:

@Antsnow said:

@Tobar said:

@Tobar said:
    hey, i am experiencing a lot of crash recently, since the oled retro fit, even after this update; it seems to happens only when the Deluge is synced to an external clock (syntakt master, deluge slave). it happens randomly, while searching for a new sound or adding a new track; one crash every 2 hours max.. before the oled retro fit that was fine.. does anyone have the same issue?

Edit : it happens when no ext sync too..

Yes, I am having this issue now too. Really hoping these bugs are worked out soon. Messing with my workflow a lot.

I hope a 7seg update will come soon too fixing the 🐛 / crashes / glitches.

@jensg said:

@Antsnow said:

@Tobar said:

@Tobar said:
    hey, i am experiencing a lot of crash recently, since the oled retro fit, even after this update; it seems to happens only when the Deluge is synced to an external clock (syntakt master, deluge slave). it happens randomly, while searching for a new sound or adding a new track; one crash every 2 hours max.. before the oled retro fit that was fine.. does anyone have the same issue?

Edit : it happens when no ext sync too..

Yes, I am having this issue now too. Really hoping these bugs are worked out soon. Messing with my workflow a lot.

I hope a 7seg update will come soon too fixing the 🐛 / crashes / glitches.

Is there any news on this issue?

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199
    kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

Hi,
    sadly - my deluge freezes and crashes all the time, while saving projects and in other random situations. I got OLED with this FW.
    I wonder why nobody complains because it is really bad and happens all the time. It makes the deluge unusable for live stuff. I really love deluge!..but..
    Who else got such problems?

simonbrdlysimonbrdly United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 24

Just got my retrofit oled 4.1.3 and it's great... except for random freezes... when loading songs when song is playing and also sometimes just scrolling through a batch of long filenames. Nothing consistent yet, but I'll try and spot a repeatable one and re-post.

@simonbrdly said:
    Just got my retrofit oled 4.1.3 and it's great... except for random freezes... when loading songs when song is playing and also sometimes just scrolling through a batch of long filenames. Nothing consistent yet, but I'll try and spot a repeatable one and re-post.

I think the main issue was a low battery and power lead off. Will continue to monitor, but so far so good...

Thanks for the support!!!

milkformycoconutmilkformycoconut GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 31

@rohan
    How is this fixed?
    Fixed a memory fragmentation problem that was slowing down performance and causing audio/voice dropouts when many audio files (e.g. multisampled instruments) had been loaded since power-on.

• Fixed audio dropouts or glitching when reading a folder’s contents (e.g. when changing presets).

I bought Deluge maybe a month ago, came with fw 4.1.3 and i still have these issues
    Any ideas how can i fix this, am i doing something wrong?

edited July 2023

Since my retrofit, I have been experiencing a few fairly random freezes, but one is now reproducible:

Make new Kit
    Load (long) audio file - the one I have been using to reproduce is 1'44'', (short files seem ok)
    Select slice - any number > execute
    FREEZE

I tried loading the same file as a sample for new synth and it works fine, so it is not something wrong with the audio file.

The file was recorded in Song mode to a row and then saved as Clip when I saved the song.

If I use Synth to record audio, I can use/slice long files without a problem.

Is it something to do with the way Song/audio is recorded?

Either way, the Kit/slice function crashes when trying to slice long files recorded in Song mode.
    [If a long-ish file manages to get through slice to new kit, it lands up with a single slice in row 1 and the others are blank and not possible to edit start/end points- again no problem with shorter files]

Any ideas?

Post edited by simonbrdly on
    monoseqmonoseq SwedenBeta Tester Posts: 12

@kleinstar said:
    Hi,
    sadly - my deluge freezes and crashes all the time, while saving projects and in other random situations. I got OLED with this FW.
    I wonder why nobody complains because it is really bad and happens all the time. It makes the deluge unusable for live stuff. I really love deluge!..but..
    Who else got such problems?

I'm also getting these problems since i upgraded to the oled. i miss how it used to be. i would never feel safe now playing live which is one of the main things i use it for.

when will get an update to fix the freezing i wonder?

QuestorQuestor New England, USAPosts: 8
    edited September 2023

How common are these issues? Any checks I can do on mine to reveal potential freezes?

I’d like to stress test it to be sure its okay for live usage

Also, My oled does have some flickering lines when changing setting…is that normal?

Post edited by Questor on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

@Questor said:
    How common are these issues? Any checks I can do on mine to reveal potential freezes?

Also, My oled does have some flickering lines when changing setting…is that normal?

best way to check is to practice performing your set and see if you run into any issues.

by flickering lines, if you mean when you are scrolling via Select knob of a parameter (say LPF Frequency), the white bar may flicker a little bit. I think that's normal, but hopefully something that can be improved on. if you scroll through a lot of presets you will see lines pop up since the 'loading' pop up appears very very briefly. if you mean something else, you may need to explain it in more detail.

QuestorQuestor New England, USAPosts: 8

@reza said:

@Questor said:

best way to check is to practice performing your set and see if you run into any issues.

by flickering lines, if you mean when you are scrolling via Select knob of a parameter (say LPF Frequency), the white bar may flicker a little bit. I think that's normal, but hopefully something that can be improved on. if you scroll through a lot of presets you will see lines pop up since the 'loading' pop up appears very very briefly. if you mean something else, you may need to explain it in more detail.

Nope, that’s it… It’s the loading screen… there just needs to be a little bit more logic as far as when to put up the loading screen… Most of the time it’s such a short delay, that the loading screen and only has time to put up a bar and then it’s gone… Which makes it look like a flicker. I’m sure someone’s already looking into it… probably needs a little bit of logic to know which settings are going to take longer to bring up.

A good way to do it (for devs) would be to time the last switch to that setting and if it’s over a certain threshold mark it for bringing the loading screen up the next time… And if it’s under a certain threshold to mark it to not bring up the loading screen… The timing thing would need to be done each time for each menu. Item at some menu items would change based upon how much content is on the device. But it’s just a binary flag for storage so that’s pretty small in regards to memory usage.

i think you have the right idea. good to get confirmation that the loading screen was the issue you were having.

there's been discussion about making the loading an animation at the corner of the OLED screen, that way it doesn't block important information. maybe the next round of features!

JonathdelJonathdel FrancePosts: 12

Hello everyone, I just bought a deluge and I experience also those issues, especially when I want to load samples in a kit while my song is playing. It happens very often and it made me loose some nice inspirations.
    What's up about that ? Will there be a new firmware version to solve the problem.
    It is sad because the deluge has the reputation being a strongly reliable device...

dondadadondada DeutschlandPosts: 11

hi there, it seems that the problem (audio/voice dropouts when many audio files (e.g. multisampled instruments) had been loaded since power-on.) stil appear. I just work only with samples, 14 tracks for exmpl, every track has 4-8 samples included. or could it be there is a function i have to switch on or of in the new oled version ? let me know..

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@dondada said:
    hi there, it seems that the problem (audio/voice dropouts when many audio files (e.g. multisampled instruments) had been loaded since power-on.) stil appear. I just work only with samples, 14 tracks for exmpl, every track has 4-8 samples included. or could it be there is a function i have to switch on or of in the new oled version ? let me know..

Try the new community firmware, it should be more stable than this one.
    https://synthstromaudible.github.io/DelugeFirmware/?fbclid=IwAR2WEdHTox7KbMKVQj8wkGm9IKn9wCKqIDVR-djNombp-EaxNiVt8oi7DNQ

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

dondadadondada DeutschlandPosts: 11

Nope, thanks @Icoustik for the answer. And thx for including a compressor (wich i already waited all the time) but cannot use.. :-( The community-version 1.0 sound much more worse than the regular new 4.1.3. From 14 Tracks only 2 are running with 1.0. all others have dropouts. thank god i have two mashines. and only one is retrofited. So i can only continue working on the old one
    and beeing happy with the 3.1.5 version.but i miss the new features. For others, with only the a retrofited oled, this must be a mess.. So all the new features from the community version are obsolet for me. since the 4.1. version is more than 10 months old, It could mean a total breakdown of the workflow for others. thats a bit sad. don't let up guys @rohan this mashine is great! keep up the good work!

@dondada if you are comfortable with COLLECT ALL SAVING your deluge project that is giving you trouble, if you upload it somewhere it can be stress tested to eventually solve those dropout issues. these issues won't go away without good examples to test with