Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Confused about sample preview options

Hiya, I've recently got an OLED Deluge and I'm trying to understand how to preview samples. The options are:

On - previews every sample I scroll through (not good while a tune is playing)
Conditional - not sure how this works
Off - ?

The manual seems a bit vague on what these mean.

What I'd like it to be able to scroll through a folder of samples, but not hear a preview unless I press a button to preview it. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

conditional will play the sample you scrolled to only when the sequence is not playing.

off won't preview at all, you'll have to load it to then audition it and hear it.

teamothteamoth Bristol UKPosts: 4

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it. That's a shame. It would be good if there were a way to have a sequence running and navigate through a folder of samples and preview specific ones.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

i wouldn't rule out some exploration of improving this experience via the open source/community firmware. if you'd like you can create a detailed proposal of your request on the github discussions for open source here: https://github.com/SynthstromAudible/DelugeFirmware/discussions

generally, if all the ui/ux is thought out the higher chance there is of it being implemented in the future!