Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Delay amount and sync

I didn't see anyone speaking about something that was obvious to me at the first time I used my deluge : the delay amount is pretty extreme don't you think ? At list above 1/3 it is not usable because it goes louder than the original source and repeat infinitely with growing volume. Couldn't it be more progressive ? Or maybe I miss something here...

About the delay sync, it would be very nice to be able to synchronise with different time signatures than 4/4, for example triplets, this adds a lot of groove ! I can do it manually if I turn off the sync but It would be great to implement this.

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611
    edited October 2023

triplets and dotted sync rates have been added to the community firmware, which is currently in beta. read more about the community firmware here: https://synthstromaudible.github.io/DelugeFirmware/

once delay is set to 25 or 1/2 it will repeat forever. this is way more load when the delay type is set to Digital instead of Analog. try using the Analog delay type, it can be used way more musically at 1/2 and higher. it is a little more resource intensive however, so keep that in mind.

Post edited by reza on
    JonathdelJonathdel FrancePosts: 12

Ok thank you very much. But do you know why the digital delay setting has been left like that, I don't understand how it could be usefull. I think it is nice to have infinite delay but at the extreme end of the knob course...